PDA

View Full Version : Multiple Domain Names

angeldazie
02-13-2004, 11:13 AM
I don't know where to post for this, but I need to know how to host multiple domain names. I am currently using ipowerweb.com for my main site, but can I add a totally separate domain name to the account or do I have to sign up for a totally new account? From what I am understanding I can only do subdomains, which it would be like. www.clientssite.mysite.com, right? Not just theirs? How is the cheapest way to host for clients?

Thanks!

amateurseoguy
02-17-2004, 10:44 AM
If it's a totally separate domain you will need to do two things. In the hosting control panel, do you have the ability to point domains? If it's going to the same site (meaning not a whole separate site with separate content) then you can point it to the original domain. You'll also need to go to the registrar and setup the name servers to match the same two that you have for your main domain. Once this is done, you'll have two domains that work for the same site (I'd only submit the main domain to search engines but you can use either to promote the site on business cards, forums, etc).