PDA

View Full Version : CSS Problem

MrLeN
01-06-2004, 09:37 AM
I have a problem with my forum!

I am using one base template for all [well, most] domains on my server - and they are all working perfectly - even on all popular browsers too.

However, the forum header has gaps in it and I can't work out why :)

I KNOW it there is a conflict within the forum CSS itself, because when I remove it - the problem goes away.

Is there anyone that's really good with CSS that would take the time to have a quick look - to see if you can solve my problem?

I am really beat :(

Here it is (http://www.newezone.com/forums/index.php)
MrLeN

MrLeN
01-06-2004, 09:38 AM
Oh - The CSS is in the source. Not on a stylesheet.

MrLeN

DarrenPWS
01-06-2004, 10:45 AM
I could not access the source code for some reason - but I have experienced a similar problem in the past. The solution I found was to create a class in the CSS that looks like this:

.Images {font:00pt arial}

Then apply this class to any of the <td> tags that contain images. - I will try and access the source code and give you more advice if I can.

hope this helps??!

Darren Darkins
http://www.positive-websolutions.co.uk

redcircle
01-06-2004, 11:57 AM
or use

td img {font:00pt arial}

that way you only need to change your stylesheet and not go through your code.

MrLeN
01-06-2004, 11:58 AM
Thanks mate,

I found the problem:

/* img { vertical-align:middle; border:0px }*/

I commented it out. Nothing seems to have broken, but I am sure that it's therefor a reason.

I wonder if I can leave it in, but put some other CSS in the head DIV that will make sure that anything in the head isn't affected by that silly valign CSS.

Hmm.. my template DID work in IE, NS, Opera and Firebird ..maybe I better go take another look!

MrLeN

paulhiles
01-06-2004, 12:10 PM
You can leave the img selector... that positions the text adjacent to your image buttons (if you notice!).

I think I've traced the problem back to your 'network.css' file. There is a 'head' class in there that gives properties for your banner background image. Just increasing the height setting from 76 to 78px removed the white gap that had appeared. (CSS snippet below)

.head {
background-color:#EEEEEE;
height: 78px;
width:100%;
padding:0px;
padding-left:0px;
padding-right:0px;
position: absolute;

}

Hope that's cracked it! :o)

Paul

MrLeN
01-06-2004, 01:14 PM
..but if you look at properties on the logo, you will see that the image is 78px

..and all my other pages work ok - on all my domains, which are using the same template files (different graphics).

It's just the forum. I "kinda" have it fixed now.

..but thanks for taking a look paulhiles. I appreciate your time.

MrLeN

paulhiles
01-06-2004, 01:41 PM
Hi MrLeN,

If you check with Mozilla Firebird, one of your other domains (MrLeN.com) also has the same gap appearing just under the Amazon promotional graphic. The logo is 78px high... don't you agree that the background image which uses the 'head' class should also be the same height?

Paul

PS. I can send you screengrabs if you wish to see them.

MrLeN
01-06-2004, 01:58 PM
paulhiles - You're absolutely correct!

I have fixed the problem now - thanks heaps :)

MrLeN