01-02-2004, 12:51 PM
Our website went from a top 20 position on Google to #275 on page 27( under the search term baseball cards)In fact, some days http://www.prizesports.net does not show up at all on any of Google's "baseball card search". I have been submitting my website daily using Web Position Gold software that had been quite succesful for us up until late November.We have over 600 links from other quality websites. Does anyone know how to get back within a top 20 position without paying for the spot(if at all possible). Any help would be greatly appreciated.Thanks for your kind concern. HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL!
01-02-2004, 01:37 PM
(1) First, stop submitting to Google every day using Web Position Gold or anything else. From the Google website:
Google's Webmaster Guidelines (http://www.google.com/webmasters/guidelines.html)
Google Information for Webmasters (http://www.google.com/webmasters/guidelines.html)
Google Information on Search Engine Optimization (http://www.google.com/webmasters/seo.html)
- Don't participate in link schemes designed to increase your site's ranking or PageRank. In particular, avoid links to web spammers or "bad neighborhoods" on the web as your own ranking may be affected adversely by those links.
- Don't use unauthorized computer programs to submit pages, check rankings, etc. Such programs consume computing resources and violate our terms of service. Google does not recommend the use of products such as WebPosition Gold™ that send automatic or programmatic queries to Google.
- Don't send automated queries to Google.
(2) Your title could use some work: <title>PRIZE BASEBALL CARDS</title>. Esthetically, don't use all caps. For the search engines, expand this title a bit to include other terms people might use to find you, like "sports cards" maybe? "Prize Baseball Cards and Collector's Sports Cards"? I don't know the topic well but you can probably think of a few that could be worked into the title.
(3) The syntax for your tags is incorrect:
<meta name="keywords" content="PRIZE BASEBALL CARDS - Baseball - PSA GRADED CARDS - PSA- Collecting - Baseball
<meta name="GENERATOR" content="sportscards"
<meta NAME="Robots" CONTENT="ALL"
<OPTION SELECTED value"http://www.prizesports.net">
You're missing the closing ">" on two tags and an = sign after value in the option tag. The fact that the closing tags are missing may have thrown off how any tags after it are interpreted as well.
Just some preliminary comments...