05-02-2005, 02:23 PM
My website, Ashevillecozycabins.com has always enjoyed a #1 or 2 ranking on MSN when searching for "Asheville Cabin Rentals". It is still #1 on
Somehow, it has dissappeared from the other MSN site altogether. Unfortunately, that is the one everyone uses.
Why two search criteria. How can I get back in on search.msn.com?
Any ideas? Help...
05-04-2005, 12:27 AM
the sea.msn results are the old msn search which are the yahoo results. If you search msn sea and yahoo compare the results they are 99% the same. search msn gives the real msn results.
05-12-2005, 08:46 AM
MSN has migrated into its own world and rightly so, but it has been a learning curve for website owners and for MSN too. I think there's more turbulence ahead, but in the end they will emerge a powerhouse and surpass Y! as a premier SE. As they add chlorine to the pool and sanitize their results, many of us will bounce from the top of results to lost.
I have noticed, that as I go back and clean up my pages' code, design et al from novice, early mistakes, that MSN has steadily rewarded me with better SERP.
I would suggest:
1. Add a robots.txt file to your root - you have none that I can find or access, which means SEs cannot either.
2. Running your code through W3C and attempt to validate your pages to be compliant with their standards.
3. TITLE IS KING - Make you title keyword and content relevant; remove the "" and ,
4. Add alt-text to all your images, not just your logo. (Check the existing alt-text tags too for relevancy)
5. Improve your internal linking with a navbar at the top or bottom of your pages.
Hope this helps - happy surfing!