03-30-2005, 06:00 PM
I manage a website www.wildernessfamilynaturals.com and the main keywords/phrases are coconut oil and virgin coconut oil. We're currently #11 in Google for Virgin Coconut Oil and #19 for Coconut Oil. We just dropped 4 spots last week. Does anything stand out to you guys on what I can tweak, add, etc to the site. All help is appreciated.
03-30-2005, 06:49 PM
While there are some onpage things you can do to help, you will see the biggest boost if you get proper anchor text links into your site. The more the better.
For on site optimization, I would work on the following:
1. Alt text (with key words) in image tags.
2. Title text (with keywords) in 'a' tags, especially the links that point at your homepage.
3. Eliminate the Image Map navigation at the top. Use the image without text for the background, and use a table with text links for the new navigation.
4. If you can reduce page size, do it. Your page is 76 KB which isn't too bad, but by reducing your page size, spiders and people will be able to navigate your site better, which may not help a lot, but it definitely wont hurt.
5. I would also try to validate your html. There are a bunch of errors. Same reason for fixing as 3.