PDA

View Full Version : FrontPage what should I do next

freerecycling
12-03-2003, 03:03 PM
I have designed the site with FrontPage for some years. Now I think I need to go to an other step. Can some one help me where to go next? I'm not a programmer, I have no database or any script in the web site. Should I go with ASP? Where can I learn this stuff?

Thank you

blastradius
12-03-2003, 03:52 PM
My suggestion is to go with PHP and mysql. Simply because of the fact that it is free and will work easily on win/unix based servers.

Personally for anything I do I still prefer ASP, and I know there are plenty who are so pro-php that they would disagree with me. But this is what I know best so it's what I like to use.

But probably the easiest to learn is cold fusion, unless you are wanting to do advanced app's the mark up aspect of cold fusion will do everything and probably more then what you would need. It just isn't as available on servers as ASP and PHP.

freerecycling
12-03-2003, 03:59 PM
Thank you I will check these.

cerami2
12-20-2003, 08:30 PM
i started with frontpage myself I used it for years it has limitations, then i went to macromeda ultradev now call mx i started with javascript and then moved over to vbscript i found more extentions in the market for that. it does take a while to learn it but alot of people can give you suggestions on how to work with it go to http://www.macromedia.com and you can download 30 day trial of the program
i hoped this helped

vwebworld
01-02-2004, 04:31 PM
Frontpage, Dreamweaver, etc. are all tools,
tools to craft a website. Using ASP, PHP, mysql,
are only needed IF you have to have functions that require such "programs"/languages.

If you don't have any databases, or scripts... I
don't imaging you'll need anything like PHP or mysql.

You can bring Frontpage to the next level.
All that is required is some knowledge of HTML, CSS, and good coding standards.

As a long time FP user (FP98, 2000, and 2003), I can
assure you - you can reach another level with FP.

~Roland