11-30-2003, 08:32 PM
Hello I have submitted my site http://www.4travels.7p.com to many search engines, but I didn't receive any visitors can you please tell me how can i look if my site was added to these search engines. thank you
11-30-2003, 10:22 PM
1. Your counter says you've had 192 visits, including mine. That's not very encouraging for anyone who finds your website - they may well think, "why only 192 hits? this place can't be any good...". I would remove that counter or hide it.
2. With only 192 hits, how long has your site existed? It takes time to get listed on the search engines even if you have done everything right.
3. It looks as though you are on some sort of free or bulk hosting service (bizhosting.com) - I don't know anything about bizhosting.com but depending on which other sites are hosted by them, you may be penalized for that... the other problem is that bizhosting.com had put a lot of banners and other stuff in your webpage, so that your title and keywords are well down in your html code... this is good advertising maybe for bizhosting.com but not for you - on the home page, bizhosting.com is the first thing you see at the top of the page, and your page title (which isn't the greatest either) is halfway down the page in your HTML. Consider a real hosting service.
4. There are spelling mistakes, capitalization mistakes, formatting mistakes, etc., on the page, which again doesn't make it look very professional. I recognize that English may not be your first language - of so, have someone go over the page with you.
5. There isn't a lot of content on that home page - what there is is mostly "headlines" like "cheap hotels", "cheap cruises", and so on... it doesn't give the impression of a quality travel service. Tell the visitor (and the search engine spiders) why YOU, among the thousands or even millions of travel sites out there, should be the one they should buy tickets from. In fact, the page really doesn't tell us much about you at all, other than that you do travel stuff... even if you DO manage to get listed in the search engines, what is going to make someone who finds your page stay there?
6. The layout and design of your page is from a bizhosting.com template - it doesn't look very exciting or professional - you need to get someone to help you with redesigning the page.
You might also post a request in the "Site Reviews" forum.
11-30-2003, 10:27 PM