PDA

View Full Version : Yahoo Messenger Audio setup

pete61uk
09-17-2004, 10:03 AM
Hi all,

Am having a problem with my audio setup for Yahoo Messenger on Win2k Pro SP4. It works perfectly well on multimedia uses, e.g. cd's?

Basically, on using the Messenger "Audio Setup Wizard", when it goes through the speaker test it sounds 'very slightly' distorted though not enough to cause concern.

However, and here is when it gets really annoying, on the microphone test (playback), it sounds as if the recording was made under water; 'very' slow and 'very' distorted. Despite this the setup was, at least as far as the wizard was concerned, completed successfully?

I've double-checked the audio codecs to confirm that DSP Truespeech is present (identified as tssoft32.acm elsewhere on the web) and it is. Also, I've just tested the speaker and microphone setup using "Sound Recorder" and it works fine.

Any ideas?

mikmik
09-20-2004, 05:21 PM
I haven't found anything on Microsoft's support site. There used to be info on this sort of thing, but everything is changed.

It does sound like an incompatability issue, and maybe the Yahoo site will have some answers.

I will keep looking.

pete61uk
09-28-2004, 04:45 AM
Hi Mike,

Thanks for the reply. I have looked on both Microsoft and Yahoo, I even sent a post to Yahoo "Help", but have yet to recieve a reply.

The only thing I can think of is to install MSN Messenger hoping that when it reconfigures the system it sorts it out? The problem there is I don't really want it on my system.

mikmik
09-28-2004, 05:07 AM
Please, sahib, If you musst, first try to uninstall and reinstall it - Yahoo.

Then,.... have you heard of Trillian?
Scratch that :o(

I have been using Trillian since day one and back then it was a great product. Now with all the new upates its even getting better with more features. I think when Trillian gets the voice and video options in the service that it will be the IM of choice for everyone 3553

mikmik
09-28-2004, 05:39 AM
I found this while surfing for solutions:forums.logitech (http://tinyurl.com/3zm3u/)

Seems there may be other hardware/software conflicts to consider.

Mostly, all I ever see are the checks you have already done, like the microphone settings, college boy.

What is up with you young kids these days ;O)))

Oh, sorry. I will keep looking.