PDA

View Full Version : converting php urls to html

jackson992
11-15-2003, 02:37 AM
Can someone tell me how I can convert php urls to html

Such as http://www.jacksretail.com/socks.php?interest=Soul+City to ending with socks.html?+

compusolver
11-15-2003, 02:39 PM
Well, it depends..

If your php pages had the php extension but no actual php code (normally between tags like: <? ?>, but sometimes with <% %>) then you're in luck and you can just change the page extensions.

However, any actually php code in those pages was being used to deliver the html content. You would have to understand what the code was doing and know whether or not it could be satisfactorily replaced with static html.

Chances are the pages weren't 'php' for nothing, and some decisions will have to be made - like whether or not you can do without the dynamically created information that the php code was making for you.

If this is your own site - here's how you can experiment:

Copy some of the php pages to *.html Then try browsing the html pages.

If you're a web designer and this is a client's site, partner with a server-side coder or be prepared for disaster.

jackson992
11-15-2003, 05:38 PM
Sorry I should of said this is a database site. Yes all the pages are dynamic. However, I have heard there is a way to change urls to appear as html instead of the php with ? like php?interest=

compusolver
11-15-2003, 07:12 PM
That can be done by the server administrator - he can essentially tell the server to treat html pages as php. I don't know of another way - maybe someone else will.