PDA

View Full Version : Diamonds-ring.com

smakyyy
08-30-2004, 10:05 PM
i have 2 domains that deal with diamonds-
1) www.diamonds-ring.com
2) www.diamondringsrus.com they are top ranked for keywords - diamond ring , diamond engagement ring etc on yahoo,MSN and Altavista. (not top ranked on google yet) what do you think they are worth and does anyone want to make an offer.

AGS
09-21-2004, 06:27 PM
would need verification on the stats you provide. Also domains appraisals depend on many factors, Uniques, Characters ect. Keyword enriched domains such as the ones you describe can be purchased for as little as x.xx and without earning proof the domain is long has a dash and could be considered a typo DIAMONDS-ring hardly any chance of typeins

low x.xx
high xx.xx

for both

smakyyy
09-27-2004, 05:18 PM
Adsense rules prevent users from posting data on the net. willing to share data with interested party pricately.

AGS
09-27-2004, 11:21 PM
i have 2 domains that deal with diamonds-
1) www.diamonds-ring.com <makes about 1k a month from adsense>
2) www.diamondringsrus.com <makes about 200 a month from adsense>
they are top ranked for keywords - diamond ring , diamond engagement ring etc on yahoo,MSN and Altavista. (not top ranked on google yet) what do you think they are worth and does anyone want to make an offer.

Does your above statement not disclose earnings? Dude I would be careful if I were you really easy for them to banish your account or even worse your competition could read your post go to your site do a view source get your publisher ID number and send them an email along with your above post, then you could kiss your earnings goodbye and the domains would be virtually worthless. Just my 2 cents but I have seen it done before, People that use adwords pay alot of money and it isnt fair that those numbers be discussed in open forums

smakyyy
09-28-2004, 09:28 AM
not really worried about that- it says about so much no violation of terms there.
thanks for the advise though.

jestep
09-28-2004, 05:20 PM
I would say www.diamonds-ring.com is worth a lot. Taking a quick look at an industry, Look at Jewelry stores in malls, some pay up-wards of 100K / month for rent. Imaging how much this domain which is specifically targeted at their or the wholesaler's market.

The SEO capability of the site is great from the start. About as good as you can get. If your adsense claims are true then there is another huge boost. It is definitely worth a lot.

Besides that, diamond distrubuters are huge and they have huge amounts of money to spend.

smakyyy
09-28-2004, 11:15 PM
Thanks jestep

appreciate the positive comments,makes me feel better already and makes me work harder :-)

AGS
10-08-2004, 01:04 AM
smakky

If your going to only relate to the positive about the question you asked about this domain then you already know what I am saying is true.

You wanna see how much its worth? List it on sedo or any other domain sales website, That domain will sit and sit and sit You dont understand Domains with a HYPHEN are not looked upon very well in this industry. Here is the top sales from this past week in domains Notice NONE have Hyphens

Domain Sold For
Where Sold
1. Robots.com $40,000 GreatDomains
2. FoodPoisoning.com $36,500 Pvt Sale
3. PrepaidPhone.com $15,000 Afternic
4. FEM.com $14,000 Afternic
5. Diskothek.de €7,990 = $9,837 Sedo
6. LossAdjusters.com $9,250 DotcomAgency.com
7. Vegetarian.co.uk £5,000 = $8,912 Sedo
8. HarborPatrol.com $8,250 Afternic
tie VitaminE.net €6,000 = $7,388 Sedo
tie FlightDiscounts.com €6,000 = $7,388 Sedo

some others

As always Sedo used a full palette of extensions to paint their impressive sales list. In addition to their German TLD domain at #5, they scored with a British domain, Vegetarian.co.uk (#7 at $8,912), a .net (VitaminE.net) and a .com (FlightDiscounts.com) with the latter two tying for 9th at $7,388 each. Sedo saw lots of additional action just off the chart. CarLocator.co.uk sold for £4,000 ($7,129) and Brustvergrösserung.de ("chest enlargement" in German) added another €5,560 ($6,845). Three more .de's rounded out the list; Pantys.de (€4,350 = $5,356), Liebe-SMS.de (€4,000 = $4,925) and Fussball-Manager.de (€3,000 = $3,694).

SnapNames.com continues to show well since moving to their new auction format. Their week was highlighted by AnyDVD.com at $5,655 and NightSearch.com at $5,100. MailServers.com sent in another $4,600 while Republic.net brought $4,001 and Juice.net squeezed out $1,498.

Pool.com had a long list in the same price range led by HardcoreCartoons.com at $5,600 (if they turn the concept into a TV show Pee Wee Herman would be the obvious choice to host it). MTP.com was next at $4,000 (nice price for a prime 3-letter combination) followed by BlackMovie.com at $3,200 and Friendter.com at an even $3,000. Pool also had a trio of .coms at $2,050; NaughtyCartoons.com, AccountManagement.com and HoodRiver.com. They also scored with both .net and .org. NBA.org was a $3,700 slam dunk while Hostel.org added $2,388. Stockbrokers.net attracted a $2,588 investment and Invitations.net got a $1,060 RSVP.

At Enom's Club Drop GovLoans.com ladled out $3,115. Right behind were RealFacials.com at $3,015 and Agoraphobia.com at $3,107. PackageTours.com brought home $2,909 while Atlante.com added $2,707, Hiltons.com checked in with $2,407 and TrainingCourse.com contributed $2,130.

Moniker.com/DomainSystems.com hit a $4,625 chip shot with GolfPushcarts.com, but CEO Monte Cahn was more excited about closing a $69,525 deal for Axiom.com that has been in the works for some time. That one will involve a series of monthly payments (the first of which was received this week) before the transfer is made (domains aren't listed on our charts until all payments are in and the domain has been transferred).

At other ports of call, DentalInstruments.com went for $2,530 at Namewinner.com, a venue that also collected $1,220 for PushToTalk.com. CancerOnline.com brought $2,888 at Afternic and DotcomAgency.com proved long isn't always wrong by selling ContractManagementSoftware.com for an even $2,000.

We also saw a rare high dollar .ca (Canadian country code) sale this week. Presents.ca went for $8,000 Canadian ($6,340 U.S.). The owners of Presents.com bought the domain from Glen Shortliffe. In other deals InnovationHQ.com picked up 203.com for $4,250 and Ben Kirshner of CoffeeForLess.com added still another java domain to his growing collection, paying $4,000 for OfficeCoffee.com.

In the Pipeline: A very interesting deal is in the works if a report from Yahoo Financial News Oct. 4 is to be believed. Vancouver, Canada firm Communicate.com said in the report (originating from Business Wire) that they had received the final installment of a $1 million payment for four domains; Automobile.com, Exercise.com, Call.com and Makeup.com. Manhattan Assets was named as the buyer, however at press time none of the domains had yet been transferred from Communicate.com. The company stated in the story that "more information on the sales agreement can be found in Communicate.com's regulatory filings with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission, including the Company's most recent annual report on Form 10-KSB and quarterly report on Form 10-QSB." We'll look further into this once the domains are transferred....Another nice deal could be in the works at Enom's Club Drop where an auction for HisFirstTime.com ended at $15,730. Of course now comes the hard part - collecting!

DUDE if you think you can sell either of those domains for anything more than 50.00 more power to you and best of luck.

smakyyy
10-08-2004, 04:20 AM
Thank you AGS for your opinion . You make an excellent point about the current pricing of domain names.. sales, but in my case - it is not about a great name but about its standing in search engines,
it is top in yahoo - altavista - msn etc- not in google though...
that is the basis for soliciting for a price,

AGS
10-09-2004, 02:22 PM
I understand what you are saying smakky, but a domain names price is not independant on a few search rankings alone. There is many factors in determining a price on a domain. With that being said yours have many penalty flags against them and this is what I have based my opinion on. and of course that is what many people in the omain business base theirs on as well.