08-08-2004, 04:09 AM
www.businesstrader.biz
www.sellinghomesprivately.com
I am very interested in your thoughts regarding .biz v's .com

thanks guys
watto

mktplace
08-10-2004, 06:55 PM
IMNSHO, TLD suffixes (.com, .net, .biz, etc.) make very little difference as far as placement in the search engines, or whether people visit your site or not (heck, most non-technical people wouldn't even know the domain name if you asked them -- they wouldn't know how to find it)

But, domain appraisal services give extra weight to .com, for no sound reason that I can understand.

Unless you are a known name brand (like ToysRUs, or Sears, etc.) most people just type in search terms, and either go to the site the browser chooses, or chooses from the search results.

smakyyy
09-27-2004, 06:26 PM
people remember just the name they do not remember .biz or others easily - i have smak.net since 1996 and my e-mail has not changed - yet i find even people who have been mailing me for years invariably making the mistake of sending the mail to smak.com and only realising it later on that it has bounced. it is the culture we have - It was the dot com era not dot biz - people default to .com subconciously thereby the added value for dot com domains.