PDA

View Full Version : www.TexasFutons.com for sale - needs appraisal

Velcro_Midget
08-02-2004, 04:15 PM
All:
I have a site that I have designed and put some work into. We have had it up and running for about 4-6 months and we have turned over about $20K in profits with little or no marketing. We are not in the furniture business and only did this as a proof of concept so we are trying to sell the site and I am in need of a good appraisal. The database with the drop shipper is part of the deal and they carry bean bags, futons, etc. We will be selling the site, domain name, logo, etc.

We own the following names:
www.TexasFutons.com
www.TexasFutons.net
www.CaptialCityDepot.com
www.WarehouseZone.com

What I am needing is a professional appraisal or a quick opinion on it with a ballpark price.

Thanks,

keywordguy
08-03-2004, 01:22 AM
Based on Network Solutions criteria estimated value is: $8,515.00 - $10,000.00 USD

Research shows 10-14 requests per day for "texas futons" and "austin texas futons" combined.

Site development looks good...keep up the good work and who knows what might happen :-)

Velcro_Midget
08-03-2004, 08:33 AM
Keywordguy:
thanks for the information. Is there a website that I can use to get a free estimate? Who also do you recommend to get an appraisal from?

Let me know and thanks again

watto
08-08-2004, 04:45 AM
check out www.OpenForSale.com
you can get free evaluations there.
Buy the way ,nice site.
I have just finished developoing a site www.businesstrader.biz and am now starting to promote.Any suggestions would be appreciated.
thanks
watto

mktplace
08-10-2004, 07:36 PM
Velcro_Midget,

I would be leary of the Network Solutions quote, as they seem to add about $7000 for the fact that it is a working website, regardless of how well it performs, or what the name is (anecdotal evidence across the 50+ domains I checked there)

Also, since it is Texasfutons, my guess is that your potential buyers pool (Texans) is much smaller than say: FutonsForSale.com or FutonFurniture.com

I agree, the site looks great, but I really question whether someone would buy large furniture over the Internet and pay the shipping (but you would know, as you have had the site for while).

From my own personal experience, I love to use sites like these to figure out what I want, then I print the page, go to my favorite local store, and I have yet to not have them match the price!