I have few domains. Please appraise its value
www.noblelabs.com
www.sharpamericans.com
www.flyerspot.com

<< sorry limit 3 domains, 3 extra domains snipped by Catalyst>>

Linda Buquet
07-23-2004, 01:17 PM
Hi Nakka,

Sorry but we only allow 3 domains per request and one request a week, so I deleted some of them. I quick easy way to get a fairly reliable appraisal for all of them is at Network Solutions and it's Free!

hotchook wrote:
go to http://www.networksolutions.com. Do a search on the domain in question. When the result comes up as taken, click on the link "make a certified offer", then on the right under the "enter offer box" you will see another box which says "select an answer" Select NO and it will give you a value as to it's worth in regards to traffic etc. Whether or not you'd get this amount for your domain is unknown.

keywordguy
07-31-2004, 02:52 AM
I just tried Network Solutions domain appraisal tool on several of my domains to see what happened. To my surprise, metroplexdirectory.com was valued between $8,000 - $10,000.
One of the interesting factors they use is to determine if the domain has a live site and some method to see how much potential traffic, the domain receives if it is live.

Network Solutions is right up front with the usual disclaimer, but I think this is a good tool for users looking for a ballpark appraisal. I remember a few years back when Network Solutions was affiliated with GreatDomains.com...not sure what happened there, but I'm sure Network Solutions has access to some good data and resources to provide a decent appraisal.

xmx
08-02-2004, 11:51 AM
Hello,

as I wrote in another topic in the domain game forum
http://webproworld.com/viewtopic.php?p=130598

the network solution tool never gives a value higher than $10'000.

It is programmed like this and I think it is a limit you must know before appraising domain names.

keywordguy
08-03-2004, 02:29 AM
Great post and good tool for getting some type of baseline. I think any domain that sells for more than $10,000 in today's market will have some type of business behind it such as the creditcard.com sale.

Thanks again.

kikkertm
08-04-2004, 12:55 PM
I disagree.. This tool is completely useless and the estimates are completely unrealistic..
I just tried a few names out of my portfolio and for one of the names, it didn't recognise the blatantly obvious keyword in the domain name (giving me 'NO DATA' for word relevance) and it reported a 'NO DATA' for traffic ranking (domain name has live site getting 150,000 hits/month) ! The (high) value it was quoting for this name is about what the site turns over in 2 months !

I tried 'Microsoft.com' and the tool didn't even recognise it had a live site ! lower value: $8,515.00 - I'll buy it for that straight away !

How about Harmony.com - Their estimate:
HARMONY.COM
$1,665.00 - $2,331.00 USD

It just sold for $50,000 last week...

I wouldn't attach to much value to this tool at all.

xmx
08-05-2004, 01:30 PM
Hi kikkertm,

I do agree with you.

What you experienced was reported by me in the other
topic I refer to in my previous post.