View Full Version : Any tips for getting into DMOZ
07-15-2004, 09:54 AM
Could anyone please give me sound tips on how to get listed in DMOZ directory.
I have tried around a couple of times but have not succeeded in getting in.My site is http://www.tasselhome.com and i don’t see anything wrong with it, but do their editors look at it from some other point?
07-15-2004, 12:22 PM
I am by no means an expert, but from what I've heard you just need to have some patience with regards to the dmoz. Have you gotten a decline email or just haven't received anything? How long ago did you submit?
At first glance I don't see any reason why they wouldn't index your page.
1. Have a site that adds value to the category (DMOZ is not a free listing service - editors want to build a category of valuable resources, so if you have nothing unique for the category... maybe forget it)
2. Read the submission guidelines (carefully)
3. Submit once to the one best category
4. Follow the guidelines re site title and description (ie NO marketing hype or use of keywords)
5. After one month, check at resource-zone.com to make sure there was not a problem with the submission and it is waiting
6. Follow any advice given by an editor at the R-Z check (they will tell you if you need to resubmit)
7. Forget about it - there is nothing more you can do (a volunteer editor will get to it within 2 minutes to 2 years)
I have tried around a couple of times
How many times?
- your mass spamming of DMOZ might be a reason you have not got listed - so much work gets spent on deleting all the mass duplicates, and submission to wrong categories .... and people complain about how long it takes to get listed in DMOZ when all this work gets created..