PDA

View Full Version : 2dartists.com, 2danimation.net & 2d-animation.net

Touseef
07-15-2004, 07:11 AM
I have just registered these names to resell. I hope they will get me a fortune :p heheh honestly do not hav emuch idea but they are pretty generic and should do well. what do you guys think?

Linda Buquet
07-15-2004, 12:56 PM
Touseef,

I thought the 1st one may be worth something but checked and there are no searches for it. Also keep in mind that everytime you add a number, a dash, ad abbreviation, an extra word or a .net the value goes down for each instance. That's not to say you could not sell them if someone wants them badly they will pay something, but if you tried to sell these in the re-sale market they would probably only get reg fee IMHO. But as I always say if you build them up and generate links and good traffic they could be worth more.

Touseef
07-15-2004, 04:39 PM
Touseef,

I thought the 1st one may be worth something

... But as I always say if you build them up and generate links and good traffic they could be worth more.

Thanks Catalyst for your feedback. I am thinking on these lines. what do you think of a marketplace for 2D Artists? some sort of mixture of portfolios and elance services exclusively for 2d work (logos, comics, characters, caricatures, mascots, animated gifs, animations). I I mean where 2D Artists can sell their expertise (ready made work as stock and projects posted by buyers or emailed by buyers) and buyers can post projects or choose the artist by searching the portfolios and asking to qoute or buying readymade item on the said price (everything related to 2d ofcourse). I think there are lots of artists and buyers for this kind of stuff. I know its lot of work but do you think its worth trying?

Your input will be greatly appreciated.