PDA

View Full Version : Multiple Domains and Redirection

thehookah
07-08-2004, 06:31 AM
I have a few domain names:

My main one is www.thehookah.com

I also have some other domains such as www.thehooka.com and www.egyptianpipes.com.

I am using the redirection option with my registrars (Network Sol and Dotster). Am I using the right redirection here? I do not want to be penalized by Google.

George Egho

Linda Buquet
07-08-2004, 11:53 AM
Hi George,

I'm a little hazy on this issue too. Hopefully someone will repy here or you may want to try asking in the Google forum.

imvain2
07-09-2004, 02:17 PM
Bad bad bad.

I know from personal experience on domain forwarding. We have a search engine for our area, that is always gaining traffic.

However, we purchased many domain names for local industries, so once we got the time we would build Vortals for each of them. Until then, we pointed these domain names to our main search engine.

For the first few months we were getting tons of traffic. Then it started to fall down for over 75% loss of traffic. We started searching site:ourdomains.com in google to see which pages were indexed, and noticed ALL of our pages were removed from google for the pointers. And the pages in our main site were indexed but not coming up highly for their keywords.

Solution: We removed ALL domain pointers and it is 1 month later now, and our traffic is back on the rise.