PDA

View Full Version : Linux for Free SuSE 9.1 +++

mushroom
07-07-2004, 02:04 AM
Linux Technical Resource Kit from Novell Customer Communities
All for Free includes;
- SUSE LINUX Standard Server 8.0 (ISO Installation Images)
- SUSE LINUX 9.1 Professional (Bootable Installation DVD)
- Ximian Desktop 2.0 Evaluation (ISO Image)
- Ximian Red Carpet 2.0.2 Evaluation (ISO Image)
- Novell Linux Services 1.0 (ISO Image & NLS Companion CD)
- Novell GroupWise for Linux 6.5.1 - Server, Client & Messenger (ISO Images)
- and more...

http://www.novell.com/community/linux/order.php

flood6
07-07-2004, 12:32 PM
Thanks for the heads-up; I placed my order.

I've never played with suse before; should be interesting.

mushroom
07-08-2004, 12:58 PM
Thanks for the heads-up; I placed my order.

I've never played with suse before; should be interesting.

Glad you made it.

No longer available as of July 8.

ITGProductions
07-10-2004, 04:04 PM
Mushroom:

Are you running SUSE 9.1 now? If so how do you like it? Are you running as a dual boot or stand alone?

I have very few complaints about this product... nice Open Source OS with a compliment of suites and utilities if someone is looking to experience Linux for the first time!....and it's a big bang for your buck.

mushroom
07-10-2004, 11:18 PM
Yes I have 3 running SuSE 9.1, 2 running 9.0, and 1 running 8.2 and 2 with win98 all run great. There are some minnor problems in 9.1 (probably do with the 2.6 kernel) SuSE 9.1 Pro for a mere $89 us gives you more software than many $1000's spent on the other OS.

flood6
07-22-2004, 03:14 PM
Got this from Novell last night:
As you may have noticed, there has been a slight delay in your Novell Linux
Technical Resource DVD kit shipment. We had a phenomenal response to this free
offer, and have had to adjust production to meet this demand.

In an effort to provide you with the most current Linux software from Novell, and to
accommodate the release of a new, yet-to-be-announced Linux product, the decision
was made to delay shipment on some of the more recent Linux Technical Resource Kit
orders.

As a result, your kit will ship during the last week of July * with the latest Linux
software from Novell. We will notify you again as soon as your order is mailed.

We appreciate your patience, and are confident you will find the Novell Linux
Resource Kit a comprehensive tool to evaluate the Linux offerings from Novell.

Sincerely,
Novell Customer CommunitiesI don't mind, I'm in no hurry. Any idea when you'll be getting yours, 'shroom?

mushroom
07-22-2004, 03:36 PM
I got my shipped e-mail Mon the 19th. as I am already running 9.1 Pro was in no rush but looking to try out some of the other software and am putting a computer together today for testing.

flood6
08-13-2004, 09:41 PM
I just got an email saying it will ship on the 16th at the latest via US Mail.

I recently replaced my wacky mobo at the office running ME and haven't reformatted yet, once I realized it ran without reformatting, I've been putting it off. It works, but can you say "unstable"?

This might be timed right so I can set this one up as a dual boot. I have Mandrake and XP Pro at home. I also have an extra hdd with RedHat that I've played with off and on. Looking forward to trying SuSE out.

mushroom
08-13-2004, 09:53 PM
In order to load SuSE 9.1 pro that comes in the kit you will need a dvd drive, for the other software you will need to use a windows machine to read the dvd's and cd-r to burn the iso's.