PDA

View Full Version : Lifecycle.us What sort of price?

wild design
07-03-2004, 10:57 AM
What soet of price could I get for lifecycle.us It is an underveloped site and just a name. Any help or indications are appreciated.

Thanks

Linda Buquet
07-03-2004, 02:08 PM
Lifecycle gets a lot of searches in Overture, sounds good and is fairly short. The .US hurts it of course and I'm not sure what type of company would buy it.

I did an appraisal with my appraisal software which is not guaranteed AT ALL to be accurate. If it was a .com it appraised at around $2,000. It does not give values on .us and I'm not sure how much this would reduce the value. A lot, I'm guessing. List on Sedo as "make offer" and see what you can get.

Touseef
07-14-2004, 04:15 PM
I did an appraisal with my appraisal software which is not guaranteed AT ALL to be accurate. If it was a .com it appraised at around $2,000. It does not give values on .us and I'm not sure how much this would reduce the value. A lot, I'm guessing. List on Sedo as "make offer" and see what you can get.

^ whay kind of softwar eit is? what are different parameters it uses to evaluate the domain name?

keywordguy
07-14-2004, 09:39 PM
I used to purchase .US extensions until I ran into some minor issues and stopped purchasing them.

1. No company will pay a large sum for any other extension other than a .COM
2. .US extension will not rank as well in search engines as a .COM or .NET (to check this go to any major search engine, type in a keyword phrase and look at the top 10 results) very rarely will you see any other extension in the top 10 other than a .COM or .NET
3. The Internet was built on .COM - it always amazes me at how few people have ever heard of some of the other TLD extensions. Everyone knows .COM and it will continue to dominate over all other extensions.

With all that being said I would however purchase a .US to protect branding.

(mydomain.com, mydomain.net, mydomain.us, etc.)

Blade0817
07-15-2004, 01:07 PM
Hi guys,

I have been in the domain business since 1996. I do think the new TLDs are becoming more and more popular, I live in the metro area of Minneapolis MN and I now start to see ads for pretty good size companies advertising their services with .biz and .us extensions. I have seen them in ads, on boards, even on the city buses. I would mainly recommend the .us and .biz extensions. I do register these names as well but for now I am just keeping them for future investments. With time companies will realize that it's worth to pay $1,000 for a good .biz/.us ... etc. name rather than paying $10,000 (or more) for the same .com name. I already received a few direct offers for some of my .us names, not much yet but it's a start. I'd say register them and spread the word about them, you will help youself with it.

I don't think it really the extension that is the strongest determinator but rather the name itself. In a few years Cars.biz (as an example) should worth more than ByACarFromJoe.com. The .com variations people are forced to use today are just becoming redicilous - and some of them really a subject of laughing matter - when you know there is a better alternative. I think companies just haven't realized it yet, just as they haven't realized with the start of the internet how much the .com names would worth in the future and how much business potential there is in the internet itself. It's us, 'computer gurus' (no offense :) that can 'see' the future and that is why companies pay us the 'big bucks' in the future for our names. We help them but we take our share for our knowledge and wisdom.

I got $800 for lifecycle.us on my appraisal software, but of course your name worth as much as you can sell it for.

Blade0817
07-15-2004, 01:23 PM
Sorry, it's me again. I just wanted to add that the highest price I have ever received for a domain name was with a .ws extention. This name was the only available extension for business with a matching name. They didn't use a .com/.net variation but rather went with the exact matching name with .ws.

-Blade0817

wild design
07-15-2004, 07:20 PM
Thanks for the responses. I appreciate it.

Wild design

edwinj
07-19-2004, 03:19 AM
There have been several interesting .us name sales in the secondary market recently.
Package.us $495
Usenet.us $495
Enroll.us $220

Note these are recognizable single word names.
For lifecycle.us, you get full marks for the strong keyword. I would value it at $300- $400.

Edwin.