PDA

View Full Version : OK... i got the domain names... now what?

ArnoldoT
06-26-2004, 08:19 PM
OK guys, i got my domain names... they are parked at sedo.com, what do i do now? how do you promote the domains other that lising on sedo?

i've been getting about 20 mails at day for each domain... spam, hhehe...
"at least i can get a new identity in over 36 countries! just was i was looking for...!"

hehe

ArnoldoT

edwinj
06-27-2004, 09:52 AM
Well, many domain owners choose to just wait after parking on Sedo or Afternic. If you have quality domain names and with a bit of patience and luck, you should be receiving offers.

If not, there are other things you can do.
If you have the time and the interest, you could develop one of your domains, perhaps the one that receives the most traffic. (Your Sedo stats should tell you which domains are getting traffic). With a bit of effort, this can be a very profitable investment.

Or you could try some active marketing ~ contact potential businesses or companies that you think might be able to use your domain in their operations.

Edwin

oohdale
06-27-2004, 12:45 PM
OK guys, i got my domain names... they are parked at sedo.com, what do i do now? how do you promote the domains other that lising on sedo?

i've been getting about 20 mails at day for each domain... spam, hhehe...
"at least i can get a new identity in over 36 countries! just was i was looking for...!"

hehe

ArnoldoTI now own over 300 domains. I get a monthly income too. PM me and I will tell you. I do not want to break any forum rules. Not all forums care but I can't remember every forum's rules I go to every day. So I don't want to take any chances here.

goervin
07-13-2004, 03:17 AM
ArnoldoT wrote:

i've been getting about 20 mails at day for each domain...

Does sedo.com allow you to set up email account under the domain names?

oohdale
07-18-2004, 03:17 AM
ArnoldoT wrote:

i've been getting about 20 mails at day for each domain...

Does sedo.com allow you to set up email account under the domain names? I would do this, go to www.webmakrexpress.com and look for the Domain Hop banner there near the bottom of the home page. Or click this link. http://domainhop.com/util/init_referral.cool?refid=79851364 Click on it and when you get there sign up. After getting your account add your domains there one at a time till you get use to using there site. Use all lower case letters too. Use these server numbers on Sedo to change the servers. NS1.DOMAINHOP.COM and NS2.DOMAINHOP.COM AND THEN GO AND TYPE INTO YOUR BROWSER BAR TO SEE IF THEY ARE WORKING. If Sedo does not allow dns service then use Domain Hops forwarding link. I have all my names at www.godaddy.com because of the easy to use system there. Here this may help. Use DomainHop's DNS Servers. Change your Domain Name Server (DNS) settings for your entered domain name(s) at your registrar to the following:

Primary Name Server: NS1.DOMAINHOP.COM
Secondary Name Server: NS2.DOMAINHOP.COM

URL Redirection. Redirect your domain names(s) using the following URL:

http://domainhop.com/domain.cool?domain=example.com

...where example.com is one of your domain names.

If you change your DNS, it will typically take from 24 - 48 hours for your changes to propigate across the entire Internet, at which time you will be 100% up and running!