PDA

View Full Version : Hey Oldtimers....

Rob_W
06-13-2004, 08:58 PM
Just curious as a Newbie here...
I have really become hooked on Domain Names, but have seemed to jump to fast in what I preceived as good domain names that would resell quick...

My questions are:

1 - Does everyone make these mistakes?

2 -How long did it take for your 1st domain sale?

Thanks

ROB

Linda Buquet
06-14-2004, 01:44 PM
Hi Rob,

I believe what you are experiencing is very common. I'm not an oldtimer and fairly new at the game myself but when I started I bought a bunch of names that I would not purchase, knowing what I know today. They are all on the site in my sig. The main thing I see when I look at those names today is many are pretty long and I would not have registered so many that were similar.

I don't regret it because it was fun and I still think they will sell eventually.

I just started my collection 2 months ago so have not made my 1st sale yet. But it takes lots of time to find, decide and then set up all the parking options, build a sales page and then start generating traffic. There is also a hold on transfering domains for the 1st 60 days so I did not try too hard to sell yet to avoid that hassle.

Now I am ready to do some featured listings on Sedo.
With over 1.5 million names listed there I think that's the way to go to get premium names noticed.

imvain2
06-14-2004, 03:21 PM
Rob,
Now even though I'm only 22, I have been working with domain names off and on for a few years now.

Everything your saying is very common for the newbie. I have domains that I look at now, and can't imagine what in the world I was thinking. As in life, it takes many bad decisions to make good decisions (IMO at least).

I have sold a few domain names through eBay and other methods.

kikkertm
06-14-2004, 06:27 PM
1 - Everyone makes these mistakes - Dont' worry..
2 - I was lucky, I sold my first name 3 weeks after I bought it !