PDA

View Full Version : Where to buy... (register?)

ArnoldoT
06-13-2004, 08:05 PM
Hey there... im insterested in buying/selling domain names... but i have some questions,i know you guys are gurus on this, i hope you can help

Where is the best place to register domains?
Do they offer "packages"..? i mean, register 10 domains for a special price...??

i got some domains that i need to register before they are gone...

And one more thing... once i have the domains... what do i do? where do i park them? do they need to be parked...?

thank you guys for your advice..

ArnoldoT

Linda Buquet
06-14-2004, 01:37 PM
ArnoldoT,

There are many options and I hope others share their 2 cents as well. I am not a guru, just a domainiac who had done alot of research. So although there are MANY wayts to go I will tell you what I have found to be the best options.

www.namecheap.com for registering domains. $8.88. Very low price yet good tools and support. Nice bulk checking and bulk registration tool. I also like the way you can modify all your domains at once if you decide to change where you are parking or hosting.

www.sedo.com for selling and parking domains. Afternic is good too and you can list domains at both placed. Afternic is paying 100$ on parking revenue right now, but I still park with Sedo, because I feel their pages are optimized better to get traffic and help sell the domain.

Check around and do your due diligence.

ArnoldoT
06-14-2004, 11:00 PM
thank you very much..!

I guess the other ones want to keep it as secret!

God bless you... twice!

ArnoldoT

TLDTrader.com
06-15-2004, 05:37 AM
You should check out www.enom.com also. If you decide to buy and sell domains, an enom account is almost mandatory. eNom is known for their easy pushes.

Good Luck.

kikkertm
06-16-2004, 10:42 AM
I really like to use fxdomains.com ;-)

$7.95 for .com / bulk discounts / free forwarding & masking / total DNS control

MOD: sorry - couldn't help myself.

edwinj
06-22-2004, 11:05 AM
I like to use ev1servers.net (formerly knows as Rackshack) to register domains. About $7 per domain. Good services offered.

hendis
06-23-2004, 08:57 PM
I paid 6.95 or 7.95 for a year at http://aplus.net/. This isn't a plug, just a FYI.

snowflakegirl
07-09-2004, 11:28 PM
I have used Bulk Register for several years now. I pay $10.00 per domain. Higher than $8.88 but then I don't own thousands of domains. I'm just a one horse shop and the domains I have are for me personally so I figure I'm getting good rates.

I can usually get anwers to questions right away and they have all the services I need.

Snowflake Girl

Linda Buquet
07-10-2004, 01:32 PM
Thanks Edwin,

Whoa just checked out ev1servers.net (formerly knows as Rackshack)

Only $6.49 and a very reputable company. I am very happy with NameCheap but may go this route if I buy a bunch of new names.

krooga
07-10-2004, 06:06 PM
I personally use One and One !! They are the cheapest I have found !!

.com, .net, .org and .info and .biz for only $5.99 !!

I doubt anyone can beat that and they are one of the largest webhosting companies, I have one server in the US and one in Germany with 1&1 and never experienced a problem !!

Check this !! Buy a .us domain for only $2.99 !!

Simply the best, check it out www.1and1.com