PDA

View Full Version : many domains re-direct to 1 site

mabetoCR
06-04-2004, 09:19 PM
Hi

I`m wondering if you can give me an advise regarding domains and marketing. I been thinking in buy at least 20 new related domains for my web site www.costarica-ecotourism.com which is about tourism.

Do you think it is a good idea to buy the related domains, for example: costa rica travel, costa rica car rental, etc and re-direct all of them to my main site. If I buy domains with good keywords, I think they could be usefull if they perfect match when someone is doing search. Do you think so. Please help me with your opinion.

Mario.

Linda Buquet
06-05-2004, 11:59 AM
Hi Mario,

It could be a good strategy if the KW strings people would actually use are still available as premium domains.

Use this tool to see how many people are actually searching for your specific KW before registering domains. Then register the top few domains and see how they do. Not sure if I would do 20 right off the bat unless they really all had a very high probability of type-in traffic.

http://www.digitalpoint.com/tools/suggestion/

bhartzer
06-05-2004, 12:01 PM
If you do any redirecting, then it must be done with a 301 permanent redirect, not any other way--or you will have problems.

I suggest that if you must buy other domains then put content on them and make them separate websites. If not, then keep it down to one site and add the content to the one site rather than have many sites.

mabetoCR
06-06-2004, 01:10 AM
Hi Catalyst & hhartzer:

I really appreciated your advise. I will follow your recomendations. Now that I have the opportunity to contact you I`m wondering if you can help me with another question I have and it is: How well works the .net, .org, .biz, .info, .us

I check the KW I would like to use and all of them have very hight hits. However, some of them are already taken by the .com and I would like to know if I buy the .net, for example, will produce the same benefit than the .com.

Mario

Linda Buquet
06-06-2004, 01:37 PM
I think TLDtrader answered you in another post, but for travel destinations I would use .info.

xmx
06-07-2004, 04:14 PM
I remain fonder of .net respect to .info.

In my opinion .net is still the 2nd tld
after .com, and .org the 3rd one.

mabetoCR
06-09-2004, 05:55 PM
I appreciated your advise as well.