PDA

View Full Version : Already received an offer for this domain name!

parris
05-30-2004, 05:28 PM
Hi, Guys!

Just wanted to know what you guys think about the domain name: Post It Up! (www.postitup.com)? I've already received an offer from someone who (I suppose) was doing a WHOIS search, and found out that I was the one who registered it. I'm not interested in the selling the name, because I plan on using it.

I just wanted to get a little feedback from you guys about POSTITUP.COM

As Always, Thanks in advance for your comments!

Parris

David Pearson
05-30-2004, 07:25 PM
how much was the offer ????

was it enough to consider an alternate domain name for yor site ???

Cheers .... Dave

TLDTrader.com
05-31-2004, 12:05 AM
David is right. Maybe the offer is high enough to let you consider developing another domain for your project.

Regards.

parris
05-31-2004, 03:14 AM
I was offered $500.00 for the name. They also indicated that if I thought that that offer was too low, they would be willing to negotiate.

Thanks for your response!

Parris

TLDTrader.com
05-31-2004, 04:22 AM
Honesly, I think that's more than enough for the said domain :) Take it and find/register another domain for your project.

Be aware that there are lots of scammers pretending to buy a domain. Then they will ask you for a paid "independent appraisal". You'll be made to choose from a list of 4 or 5 "independent" appraisers which they "trust". Of course, all of the said appraisers are part of their scam network. You pay the charges, domain not sold.

Hope this helps.

parris
05-31-2004, 09:47 AM
Thanks for the advice. Have a great Holiday.

Parris

TLDTrader.com
05-31-2004, 11:04 AM
No problem :)

Thanks also.

xmx
05-31-2004, 01:59 PM
If the interest is real perhaps you can
get even 1000 or 1500.
The domain is quite nice but I think you
can quite easily find another one that
works as good as this one.

parris
05-31-2004, 05:45 PM
Thanx XMX. You're right. I'll start negotiating. Your sites look nice. Thanx again.

Parris

David Pearson
05-31-2004, 08:23 PM
Hi Parris

TLD is right about not getting a valuation, if they want the domain enough they will value it themselves. You don't "need" to sell the domain as you would use it youreself, so you can negotiate from a position of power. $500 is good but $1000 is better, have fun, and remeber you owe xmx, TLD, and me a beer. [beer = universal currency in Australia]

Cheers ..... David

parris
05-31-2004, 09:29 PM
Thanks David! Can I send you guys that beer Federal Express? Can't promise that it'll be cold when it gets there, though (: If you send me an ice chest made out of balloons, that should keep the beer cold until it arrives. You guys are GREAT!

Thanx,
Parris

xmx
06-08-2004, 06:59 PM
Hi Parris,

any news in the last week about your domain and its sale?
Where we right or wrong?

Cheers...