PDA

View Full Version : Sedo Slashes Domain Commission Fees 50%

Linda Buquet
05-29-2004, 02:04 PM
"The cost of selling your domain name just got lower. Leading domain name marketplace Sedo.com announced that they are slashing minimum commission fees by 50%. Effective immediately, the commission on domain sales in most common extensions (.com/.net/.org/.info/.biz/.at/.ch/de/.us) starts at just $50.

Sedoís commission fees include payment processing, a secure escrow service, and personal assistance with every stage of the domainís transfer, all at no extra cost."

Read the press release here:
http://www.sedo.co.uk/links/showhtml.php3?Id=946&language=e

xmx
05-29-2004, 02:43 PM
Thanks for keeping us informed Linda.

I think that now the minimum sales commissions
on Sedo are decent.

I find anyway quite expensive the 39 a month to
have a domain featured.

I tested the normal listing for a good domain in
german (Sedo is very popular in Germany) but it is
impossible to have it viewed without featuring it.

TLDTrader.com
05-30-2004, 11:51 PM
Yes, this is surely a welcome move from Sedo. Low-value domains now stand a chance of being sold in Sedo. Before this, the $100 minimum comission is hurting sales of low-value domains. Example, if you want $50 for your domain, you have to price it at $150(to cover for the Sedo charges). But this price will certainly shun away prospective buyers, assuming that the domain is really worth only in the $50-100 range.

And Sedo has not make it public yet. But they will implement a "Parking Loyalty" program. If the sold domain is parked at Sedo, there will be no minimum comission fee. Only 10% across the board, regardless of amount of sale.