PDA

View Full Version : any idea on the value of these?

Ne0
05-21-2004, 08:21 PM
Hi all...

I have no idea what these would be worth, originally we were going to name our timeshare resale company "TrendwestResale.com" but due to trademark worries we went with TrendyTimeshares.com...

A brief history of Trendwest...They are the largest seller of timeshare in the world currently. April 1st 2001 the company sold to the Cendant corp. for 1 Billion $ ... they do not currently have a resale department but maybe in the future. I just have these two domains pointing to my site. They are www.Trendwestresale.com and www.Trendwestresales.com ... any input would be greatly appreciated..
Thanks in advance,
NeO~1

Ne0
05-24-2004, 03:40 PM
Ok... I know I'm only a baby domain trader now... (only been into it for a few days now) I have a webhosting service that I sell (NeOhost) and therefore can purchase domains for $4.00 -$8.00 each... and 2 days ago I thought I bought CatInTheHat.org And 15 min ago I get an email that says the name has already been taken... yet when I did the search it said it was available... What do you do when this happens... I guess what I'm asking for is advice... in this order...

* Where do you big timers register your domains?

* Has this ever happened to any of you? if so what came of it?

* Is there anyway to make sure that when you purchase a domain, your guaranteed to own it after your cc is charged?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated...
Thanks in advance,
NeO~1

Linda Buquet
05-24-2004, 05:26 PM
NeO~1,

Not sure how that happened.

1) I register my domains at NameCheap for 8.77. As soon as you register the name it comes back
immediately and tells you the name has been registered successfully so there is no oops.

3) Yes if you do real time registration if it ways you got the name, then it's yours.

I many times get concerned when I am researching domain names, that if it's a really good name someone on the site where I am doing the research will be monitoring searches and grab it before I can get it registered. I'm sure some of them may do this. So when I think of a REALLY good one, I search availability right on NameCheap so if it's available I can register it then and there before someone else grabs it.

acornwebworks
05-24-2004, 06:02 PM
Ok... I know I'm only a baby domain trader now... (only been into it for a few days now) I have a webhosting service that I sell (NeOhost) and therefore can purchase domains for $4.00 -$8.00 each... and 2 days ago I thought I bought CatInTheHat.org And 15 min ago I get an email that says the name has already been taken... yet when I did the search it said it was available... What do you do when this happens... I guess what I'm asking for is advice... in this order...

* Is there anyway to make sure that when you purchase a domain, your guaranteed to own it after your cc is charged?

Thanks in advance,
NeO~1

I guess I'd dump the company you 'purchased' that domain name through REALLY fast - if they charged your credit card and it took them 2 days to let you know that Dr. Seuss Enterprises has owned that domain name for years.

Yeesh!

By the way, you can check domain name ownership at http://www.whois.net.

Also I use Dotster.com - they aren't the cheapest place around, but they are well respected, reasonably priced, and I've never had a problem like you described. Also, if you had searched CatInTheHat through them, you would have learned that .com, .net, .org, .info and .us are not available - but .biz is, as well as a couple of other variations.

Good luck!
Kendall

Ne0
05-24-2004, 09:21 PM
Just a quick update...

I do not own catinthehat.org...:(( and the company that I was going through to purchase that got an earfull from me today..:)) And I will no longer do buisness with them or suggest them to anyone I know! so I won't mention thier name here;)

I did however take everyones advice... and I bought 15 new domains today....:D and I know this is not the thread that Catalyst responded to calling me another monster that she's created... but.. I'm here so what the hell:)) I'm offically hooked thank you sooooooo much WPW and especially Catalyst your my new hero;)
<----having way too much fun
NeO~1

Rob_W
05-25-2004, 08:40 AM
I agree with you Neo~1, this is a blast and very addictive *twitch* I am waiting on my 1st sale of a domain, and when it comes I will really be hooked!

Ne0
05-29-2004, 01:53 PM
Ok... just a quick update...

There unfortunately is nothing I can do about the CatInTheHat.org site :(( But I'm not going to let that get me down... lol.. I've just purchased 20 really good domains, and I just wanted to say thanks again to WPW for this topic...

Hooked on the DG!
NeO~1[/b]

Ne0
06-05-2004, 06:11 PM
Ok...

I'm still loving this game *twitch*... My question is this... Sedo is willing to pay 10$ just to park the domain on there server...Why would they benefit from that? And does it hurt my chances of selling my domains? I have all of my domains hosted and built with one page ads for the domain on my server...I guess I just don't see what the real value is here... I can go to the Cpanel for any of my new domains and see exactly who/what/when and where someone was when they looked at my domain...I hope someone understands that question..:)) here's an example of what I've done with all the new domains... www.LuvDot.com & www.AgeofNoise.com & www.s1w.net
They are just small one page intros all the links are dead... I just think it would be easier for a potential buyer to see the name with a site... one that hopefully pumps them up a little bit and gets them excited to buy! (have your speakers on when you look at those sites;)) ok.. that's all for now;) you domain gamers Rockkkkkkk
L8 M8's
NeO~1

oohdale
06-05-2004, 09:22 PM

Thanks in advance,
NeO~1My advice is go to www.godaddy.com I have over 200 names there and only about 20 at other places like enom.com and registerfly.com There is a sale going on right now at godaddy. Also this game is very addictive, very addictive. Don't believe me? I have owned over 300 at one time. Go to www.dnforum.com to auction your names off on Sunday night at 4:00 or go to www.domainstate.com to learn more about this business. And one more place, www.dnjournal.com

Ne0
06-07-2004, 04:33 PM
Hi oohdale....

Thanks for the great links I've already signed up and posted some of my domains on domainstate's forum! Thanks again;)
NeO~1

Ne0
06-09-2004, 06:19 PM
Ok...

I'm not sure this should go in this tread or not... but I thought it was too funny and had to share it :)
I just bought www.NeO-1.com how fitting is that?

And in other news... oohdale that was a great site that you led me to... they have a live chat in the forum where I was able to ask the "big timers" questions till I'm sure they were sick of me... For example... Did all of you know that you get paid to park your domains on Sedo? And that they have a new Beta Search term optimization prog? This information is great! I'm glad that I only built 8 one page websites...LOL I still had 12 to go...Now they are all parked and hopefully making me some money!

Cheers,
NeO~1

Linda Buquet
06-09-2004, 06:45 PM
Great score on the domain!

Yes SEDO rocks! I have almost all my domains parked there and their KW optimization is fast and easy. Started geting clicks right away.

Take a look at one of my pages to see how the parked page looks with Adwords on it. You just pick the keywords and they do the rest.

http://www.5stardiscounttravel.com

oohdale
06-10-2004, 12:54 AM
Ok...

I'm not sure this should go in this tread or not... but I thought it was too funny and had to share it :)
I just bought www.NeO-1.com how fitting is that?

And in other news... oohdale that was a great site that you led me to... they have a live chat in the forum where I was able to ask the "big timers" questions till I'm sure they were sick of me... For example... Did all of you know that you get paid to park your domains on Sedo? And that they have a new Beta Search term optimization prog? This information is great! I'm glad that I only built 8 one page websites...LOL I still had 12 to go...Now they are all parked and hopefully making me some money!

Cheers,
NeO~1 I am glad I could help ya. Try this one too www.domainhop.com I got a lot of mine there.