PDA

View Full Version : Domain Name - A Good One?

BatManJoe
05-18-2004, 03:57 PM
I registered LegalMusicDownloads.com last year and never did anything with it. I've had it up for sale since December and haven't had any 'serious' inquiries. It's not developed at all, but with the recent decisions concerning the legality of music file sharing, I really thought I'd get a couple of offers. Does anyone have any experience in marketing something like this? Appreciate a pm if you do. Thanks!

Linda Buquet
05-18-2004, 05:58 PM
Hi Joseph,

You can try listing it on Sedo and Afternic and places like that. Several misspellings of the word download just sold on Sedo for big bucks a couple weeks ago. Also maybe try some music download related forums in case someone in the biz is looking for a new domain.

edwinj
05-20-2004, 11:44 AM
Contains a couple of HUGE keywords. Could be a winner, Joe. DO you know if it's receiving any traffic?

Agree with Linda. Park it at SEDO or Afternic and see what kind of stats you get. Besides you'd be earning commission from its PPC clicks.

I really feel this is a good name for development. A simple site pointing to an an affiliate merchant partner might be very profitable venture.

All the best!

Edwin.

Linda Buquet
05-20-2004, 12:54 PM
I just read somewhere about a new MP3 affiliate program that was paying out very good commissions. Sorry can't remember the name. But if you can build a site and generate even a little traffic and revenue the domain will be worth much more.