PDA

View Full Version : Registerfly private registration

riverside
05-09-2004, 01:37 PM
I want to get a domain with private registration and was considering between Godaddy and Registerfly. I decided against Godaddy once I learned that there is a handling fee of $20 for snail mail sent to your domain to be mailed or faxed to you. I've never had a domain before but I would assume practically all the snail mail would be junk mail, but for any legit snail mail I would need sent to me, $20 a pop is too steep.

So do any of you Registerfly users out there know how much Registerfly charges to send important mail to you? I looked all over their website but I couldn't find any info on that.

Also, how much snail mail sent to a typical domain is junk? Upwards to 99%? I'm just curious. Thanks for any answers to any of this.

EJRS.COM
05-10-2004, 06:38 AM
Hmmm why bother? On your website, make an online form so that people can write you if they want more info about your company. I don't know how many people would actually write to you via checking out info on goddaddy.
If I wanted your info I would not look for info at godaddy to write you, I'd write you and get that address.

riverside
05-11-2004, 08:35 AM
I want to bother because I don't want my street address and phone number in the Whois database. I'll certainly have an email address on the site for easy contact and I don't mind having an email address in Whois because I can use a yahoo address or something for that. I just don't know if I would ever get important or legal snail mail sent to the street address in Whois and I don't want to have to pay $20 to receive it like on Godaddy. That's why I was wondering what Registryfly charges to forward snail mail.