PDA

View Full Version : First request for help!

KateCB
05-04-2004, 05:48 PM
hi,

What a great idea! I have bought and sold domain names in the past, to great advantage, but not so much now, although I own several that I have no idea what to do with!

ANyway, I have a site called Karate-master.co.uk - it is an elite club for Senior Black belt martial artists - now the problem is this......

To be a MASTER is the highest rank one can attain; the egoists among the martial arts world love the idea of belonging to a 'MASTER' club - it is prestigious, however, the more serious (and sadly for me greater in number) martial artist felel that they are 'not worthy' of the MASTER brand as they do not consider themselves masters, whilst the highly qualified practitioners do nto boast about their status and therefore stay away as they do not want o publicise their status.....get the picture?

We have MASTER branded karate suits, belts and 9ct gold jewellery; some people I have spoken to say 'I'm not a MASTER yet, but when I am.....'

The aim is to create a prestige network of martial artist in order to help up and coming martial artists, promote good practice etc.....

Crunch time - what domain name do I try to buy?

The name 'karate-MASTER' is putting people off!

All comments welcomed!

The URL for this site is http://www.karate-master.co.uk if you want to take a look!

kikkertm
05-04-2004, 05:52 PM
KARATEGEAR.CO.UK (?) is available..

KateCB
05-04-2004, 05:55 PM
Good name, but we are after promoting a prestige club, rather than selling karate gear - we also have the Karate-kid website which sells to all disciplines of martial artist, and whilst we do sell 'gear' on the Master site, this is the first in the series - we are looking at launching Judo-master. Kung-fu-master and Taekwondo master, so I can't limit it to Karate!

Thanks a lot for reading though and searching for me!

cyanide
05-06-2004, 11:57 AM
hmmm...

quickly, how about..
karate-skills
karate-pro
karate-instructor
karate-edge
karate-source

(note: I haven't checked their availability)

jestep
05-11-2004, 04:19 PM
Im not an expert in marketing karate but what about something like karate-zen, or karate-chi, or something similar that is simple but still universal.

jestep
05-11-2004, 04:20 PM
Also I probably wouldn't post my final decision here until its registered. One of those very reputable people might go buy it and try to charge you $1,000,000 for it.

Anyway Good Luck